Blue Mink 16th November

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Trip is definitely ON!!!
Cheers
keith :D :D

ballkeeper
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ballkeeper »

:D :D :D :D :D
seey a all in the mornning then :D

dickyp
Occasional
Occasional

Blue Mink

Post by dickyp »

Ready and packed

dickyp

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi guys, good luck tomorrow, I'm peed off i'm missing it, but i start my contribution to clinical trials at 11.15 and chemo at 12.00 I have to inject myself every day for 24 weeks, it may not be sorted in time to help me, but hopefully may benefit others in the future. Plank is picking conner up from mine, and hes due to arrive just after 21.00 so he should be up n ready in the morning. Cheers..Mick

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Gonna miss you on the trip mate as will a few others. Will try to get a few pics for you of all the lads irrespective of the catch and of Andy and BLUE3 MINK!!
Cheers

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, plank and conner left mine at 05.25 so should be there in good time. good luck, heres hoping the cod are playing out. :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Boat trip report

Post by rabbi2 »

Well what a brilliant day, Over 300 fish caught between 7 of us but I will let each individual member tell their own story. Suffice to sat that the cod were about with whiting and flatties galore. Weather was a bit cold to start but the old current bin came out a made it quite pleasant. I was knackered pulling fish in. I kept a few good sized whiting and 1 cod to myself and 1 to littlerabbi. The first I have caught this year I will post pics later but I didn't take many as I was too busy fishing. That flaming Gizz beat me again and he had over 60 fish to his credit. Thanks to everyone for making the journey and making it a memorable day.
Cheers

Gizz
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Gizz »

Well Guys, what a great day out on Blue Mink once again ( Skipper Andy put us on the fish again ). A big thanks to Kieth for organising another good trip and he even done well with the fish ( but just NOT good enough but he did try >:) >:) >:) ) Mick I told you I would get you that cod mate, much to Kieth's dis-pleasure :D :D :D . A pleasure to see some of the guys again and to meet Chris. A big well done guys on the amount of fish caught.

Gordon

plank
Occasional
Occasional

Post by plank »

what a fantastic day out
over 40 flatties plus whiting and a rather small codling(returned for the next time).my arms are still aching just about every chuck produced a fish.same piece of bait was catching 4 or 5 flatties
andy certainly knows where to put you so you are on the fish without the need to move .
once again thanks to keith and all the lads for making it a day to remember

alan >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi peeps, I had my 1st chemo while you were enjoying yourselves, it went ok, but wont know how well its working for a while. well done on the fishing, it sounds like the best trip so far. I will try to make the next one, all being well. I'm lookin forward to the pics, and other reports. Well done keith for arranging it, and plank for taking conner. I'm mobile at the end of this week, so hopefully will see some, if not all of you at some point in the near future. Once again well done to everyone, Cheers...Mick

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

glad to see you all had a good day well done .
steve

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

The amount of doggies I caught I should have taken a collar and lead not that I'm complaining as I was into whiting flatties and codling as well. I was a pleasure to fish with ballkeeper and I was glad to see that he was in amongst the fish on his first outing on Blue Mink, as has already been pointed out Andy the skipper did us proud, well worth the monies spent.

Although I have 2 small boats, I am glad to have sold my big un as it's far cheaper to charter, what with insurance, launching fees, fuel and all the safety equipment required plus of course towing it to the location.

I will be arranging more trips out with Andy in the near future.
Cheers

ballkeeper
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ballkeeper »

well what a trip,
big thanks to keith for everythink,and meeting everyone,
andy for getting us out there an back safely,not to mention the fish,
i stopped counting at 26 mixed fish dabs ,whiting ,codling and my fav bull huss

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, i forgot to mention conner had a great day out. The trip was an early xmas present from me, and he wasnt disappointed. He caught over 30 flatties, 4 whiting which were keepers, but released, and a number of pin whiting. Thanks again to keith, and Alan for detouring to pick him up, and all the others for making it a good day for him. :D Cheers everypeeps...Mick

dickyp
Occasional
Occasional

Blue mink

Post by dickyp »

What a great day out

I personally had my first cod (2) keepers and about 25 flatties.

Good company from all and met two lads I hadn't fished with before, Plank and Ballkeeper.

Thanks to Keith once again for organising the the trip; pity our members couldn't give him more support

Look forwards to the next one

dickyp