fishing cadet station this sunday

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
hatter
Advanced User
Advanced User

fishing cadet station this sunday

Post by hatter »

can any one that has fished the cadet station give me any advice on snags in the area. all advice will be appeciated . also if anyone has the address or post code i would be greatful as i am comming over from leeds.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Leave the M55 at the fleetwood turn off, carry straight on to fleetwood dock (it is signposted) go past the docks for about 1 to 1.5mile and you will see a green hut which is a cafe on your right hand side with a car park (there is a height restriction) park there and walk seawards. Its a clean beach, no snags apart from the groins.
Cheers
keith :D :D
Last edited by rabbi2 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dickyp
Occasional
Occasional

Cadet Base

Post by dickyp »

Hatter

The cadet base is, I believe, at the juntion of Princes Way and Beach Road.

As Keith says there is a cafe (green hut) at the entrance to a stone finished car park.

Last time I went I lost a fair bit of tackle as the tide took the sinkers against the groins. There was also a fair amount of sea weed but things can change

regards

dickyp

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

Plug FY7 8PG into your electronic lose yourself machine.
Watch out for the groins as they like cutting line.

pendulampete

Post by pendulampete »

As has already been said it's not a snaggy area except for the breakwaters
fishing is poor at the moment and its not a particularly big tide on Sunday so fishing time will be limited. Good luck in any case.

One pointer mate if you haven't fished there before. if the tide is out when you get there don't go looking for the water it is a very long way out with deep gulleys that will fill very quickly on the flood. It's best to wait for the tide on the upper beach.

:)