newbie..

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
fezzy

newbie..

Post by fezzy »

hello folks im danny im pretty new to the forum scene i usually only get chance to fish on my yearly holiday to wales and have decided to look into fishing closer to home, im interested in learning how to make my own rigs etc as i usually buy pre made etc.

any tips etc would be greatly appreciated, im from colne near burnley and sat nav post codes. cheers.

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, welcome to the forum, the member nearest you with rig, and making your own weights knowledge, is Rabbi2, but were away for a week from tomorrow. Ive no doubt he will be able to help you out, more so when we get back. Cheers..Mick

fezzy

Post by fezzy »

cheers im thinking of heading to blackpool south shore or fleetwood if i can find where i can buy bait locally. id like to fish more an learn from the more experienced anglers.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

A warm welcome to the forum mate. I can help with rig and weight making etc, but I am away unfortunately till the 22nd, You can contact me on my home number when I return on 01254 208841.
Cheers
keith :D :D
Last edited by rabbi2 on Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

And he can put you on the right track for bait, and its good stuff. Cheers..Mick

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

welome aboard fezzy

fezzy

Post by fezzy »

cheers guys and av a great tym over on east coast ill try keep up on reading your day by day if ya manage to get it online. an cheers agen. nt far from blackburn. be great to get some tips

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

You always be welcome to fish with us at several venues that we use and try diferent types of gear and rigs.
Cheers

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, keith fishes Fleetwood, no doubt he will post his next trip, also we go on the blue mink a couple of times a year, the next trip isnt far away. Watch out for postings, and just put your name down if interested. Cheers..Mick

fezzy

Post by fezzy »

yea sounds great guys ill hopefully get out and about. im defo gunna be fishing somewere on the last sunday of the month, i usually fish in pwhelli wales had a range of catch's from alot of doggies wrass an maccy, best catch was a 3lb skate. i had no idea wat it was bt the guy fishing next to me was a local and told me it was rare round that area and he helped get it up the rocks, ill try get some pics i also bring my dad along with me hes kinda learning from scratch so both rather keen to learn. i no a lil bit as used to do a lot of course fishing.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Both you and your dad will be welcome.
Cheers

fezzy

Post by fezzy »

wel finally set a date to try blackpool south gunna be heading down sunday 30th so hopefully catch and the weather stays good

what sort of weight line is best for main ??

rains

Post by rains »

welcome to the forum mate. I usually go through grange road when going towards blackpool/fleetwood area. Only been fishing 1 year myself in these area. Maybe will do a meet soon enough with a few others, all depends how long before i can go out when my 3rd baby due to arrive next week.

buggaluggs
Occasional
Occasional

Post by buggaluggs »

Use 15lb mainline but DONT FORGET to use a shockleader. The general rule is 10lb for every oz of lead. ie if you use a 6oz lead use a 60lb leader.I alway use a 70lb leader so as to cover all leads. The leader should go around the spool 8 times plus 1.5 times the length of the rod.

fezzy

Post by fezzy »

got all my tackle issues sorted thanks guys rabbi sorted me out gotta give a great thanks to him.