Preston Bull Nose - Saturday?

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
micksu

Preston Bull Nose - Saturday?

Post by micksu »

Time is limited this week end but if I can make it I will try to fish for a few hours around the morning high tide at the Bull Nose on Saturday. I have only caught flaties there before but I am told other round fish can be caught? I will let you know how we get on if we make it out >:D<

Mick

buggaluggs
Occasional
Occasional

Post by buggaluggs »

Where is the Bull Nose. Never been there. Never been to Preston for that matter. But it's not far from Manchester so it might be worth giving it a go.

micksu

Post by micksu »

It is on the Preston Docks. It is very easy access, you can just about fish from your car. I think it is a little limited with mainly flaties but I am told that sea bass, salmon and sea trout have been caught there. If you can find the docks you must approach from the shopping area (Morrisons, home base etc) then you need to drive around to where the swing bridge is and after going over it you take the first right turn. Just follow this road until you get to a small hump over which is the area to fish from. If you want I can PM you better details after thinking about it or even show you if we can find a suitable time. We fished for 2 hours on Saturday and had 3 flaties the smallest was 32 cm and the biggest over 1 and half pounds.

Mick

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I went once with a chap and both on the incoming tide and out going weed and debris was a problem apart from the dd shopping trolley. Not on my list of favourite venues.
Cheers
keith :D :D

buggaluggs
Occasional
Occasional

Post by buggaluggs »

car off road at the mo. but will bear it in mind for the future thank

micksu

Post by micksu »

Went down again today (27 Dec) and had 3 flounder with the biggest just under 2lb. Lovely morning. Looking to fish Fleetwood on the 2nd. Happy New Year everyone.

Mick