Maryport Expedition.

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
BillBodger

Maryport Expedition.

Post by BillBodger »

Had a day at Maryport on the north pier. Weather was overcast and occassional drizzle. I saw one other fisherman fishing into the harbour but he blanked as far as I could see. My mate Bob managed a couple of plaice and I managed a cod and 2 plaice. Unfortunately none of the above were more than 8 inches long. I am still a proud man with my first cod under my belt. Its not about the size we enjoyed the day never the less. We were using frozen black lug and mackrel as bait. Has anyone any suggestions on how to catch a fish I can eat. I am new to this sea fishing lark and I have been 5 times now and although I have caught everything has been small stuff. I'm beginning to think the Cumbria is the kindergarten for the Irish sea population. ;) I have resorted to collecting winkles and limpets so I can at least take something to eat. lol

Bill B-)

findus
Occasional
Occasional

Re: Maryport Expedition.

Post by findus »

well done Bill nice session that,s one cod under the belt for this season

benbo128

hey there

Post by benbo128 »

hiya mate

yeah I have been fishing for about 2/3 months now and I been catching small stuff also.

Although I am in newcastle upon tyne I fish in cumbria as have family over in workington.

Try fishing off workington pier get to the end where the little hut is and cast at about 45 degree's I was casting off there few weeks ago and was pulling in a few dog fish.

Though in my shortish time fishing I have learned that aslong as you are getting something then its better than blanking lol, and theres always the chip shop.

good luck and well done on the cod,

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Whithaven isn't faring much better, but aas you say somats better than nowt.
Cheers
keith :D :D