Beginners lessons

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
peahead

Beginners lessons

Post by peahead »

Hi I'm looking for some sea fishing tuition/guidance in the north west area. Are there such a thing as lessons for beginners? Can anyone help? would appreciate any guidance anyone can give - many thanks

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Shame you are so far away, I do teach-ins for nothing or a couple of pints/bottle of wine if you are feeling generous. Never mind hopefully someone nearer will do you a session. I certainly wish I had learned a few things when I started as it would have saved me a lot of money and quite a few blanks. Wonder if Keith (rabbi2) will give you a couple of hours.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Hi mate, welcome to the forums. There is a meet at Holyhead breakwater on the 4th, 5th and 6th Sept if you can make it.

I live in Blackburn and would be only to pleased to go fishing with you as I have transport if needed. I fish most of the local marks so if I can be of help let me know.
Cheers keith :D :D

peahead

Post by peahead »

Ok thanks so much for the responses so far - its actually for my OH and I was hoping to fund some specific lessons/guidance as a gift. Keith thanks for the offer - what does the holyhead meet entail?

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Its just an informal fishing gathering of members and non members who are camping on the friday and saturday at The Valley of the Rocks campsite with a Barbie hopefully and a good laugh (usually at my expense) lol, :D :D
Male and female members usually show and there are enough guys and girls with a wealth of experience that will give casting lessons for nowt.

If you need to borrow a tent let me know or you can just visit us for the day.

findus
Occasional
Occasional

Re: Beginners lessons

Post by findus »

peahead wrote:Hi I'm looking for some sea fishing tuition/guidance in the north west area. Are there such a thing as lessons for beginners? Can anyone help? would appreciate any guidance anyone can give - many thanks

what area in the north west are you from
:D

peahead

Post by peahead »

Thanks Keith - we might just take you up on that!! We're pretty avid campers so have all the gear thanks!
Findus, we're in Altrincham in Cheshire

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I used to live Partington 40yrs ago, Small world aint it?

Valley Of The Rocks Camp Site
Portdafrarch
Trearddur Bay
Isle of Anglesey (Browse area)
LL65 2LL

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

I,ll bring the extra gear just incase you join us at Holyhead.

buggaluggs
Occasional
Occasional

Post by buggaluggs »

Hi peahead I grew up in Hale Barns so not far from you . Live North Manchester now so still not far from you. Dont get out fishing as much as I would like but feel free to get intouch pm or whatever you want

peahead

Post by peahead »

Thanks all - responses much appreciated!! Will get back to you on the meet in a few weeks!