Anchorsholme Last night

Anthing North West Coast sea fishing related in this forum only please.
buggaluggs
Occasional
Occasional

Anchorsholme Last night

Post by buggaluggs »

I'm going to try to make this as complete as poss.
fished 2hours each side of high water, aprox 100 yrds down from where to turn onto lower prom. set up two rods one for range(130yds my max lol). one close in into a patch of rough ground in the gully(50yrds aprox). Bait lug, peeler, and bluey(first time iv'e used them very oilly). tried them as cocktails and singly. only had bites on peeler or blue. Very few bites to distance rod. loads of bites to close in rod from the off but could no hit them. Change of tactic (hell that sounds as if I know what i'm doing, I dont honest). set both rods up with scratching rigs (2up 1down short hook snoods 8inch, size 6 fine wire hooks). That did the trick started catching. Small whiting 8-9 inches long. catching from 1 hour before until I left 2 hours after high water. Ok nothing big but better to catch than not, After all I was a coarsefishing match angler before I got into this game( dont think I would know what to do with a big fish if I caught one LOL.
One more thing there are signs up saying permit holders only. But hey who is going to check at that time of night. >:) >:) >:) >:) :D

findus
Occasional
Occasional

Post by findus »

nice report m8 hope it,s better tomorrow night i,m going to fish low water then try the wall at high