Selling fish

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
oik

Post by oik »

A real hot topic! Personally if your catching macks. I catch enough to freeze down for bait,one or two for todays session and just enough for a meal when you get home or even better on the beech straight from the sea! Macks do not travel or freeze very well for human consumption,taste one straight from the sea ,you wont try to keep them for a longer period.Macks are seasonel,so make the most of them,as catching other fish ,just take enough for the table at home and gently replace the unwanted so they can grow on and who knows reproduce and help maintain our dwindling stocks.
If you have a small gas stove,take it with a fry pan a little oil,brown bread already buttered,a lemmon,salt.pepper and afork.I always take a curry powder mix to put the mac. fillets in before frying.Fillet the macks,heat your oil,dust with curry powder or leave naked,fry for 2-3 mins on both sides over hot heat till slightly brown,drizzle with lemmon and enjoy,better than fish and chips,very fresh and good for you.OMEGA 3 OIls dont you know.
Stick to my rules above and you wont get into trouble.If you want bait money I used to do paper round,up early,meat people great.

Harwoody
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Harwoody »

Paper rounds at the moment are not only rare to come by but some weeks it only adds up to 1p a paper.
I am seriously looking for a job, filled in countless applications but no1 wants me lmao

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

In my day cutting grass for neighbours, hedge trimming, running errands for old folk all helped with my pocket money, including collecting old pop bottles and taking em back to the shop. Just shows how old I am. Hope something turns up for you, but please don't sell your catch as it only serves to annoy other anglers who dearly love the sport. Best Regards keith

FishingwithFrank

selling fish

Post by FishingwithFrank »

Hi, years ago when i went boat fishing off hartlepool or whitby on the boats we used to catch loads of cod, i lived on a small street and all my neibours had fresh cod for their tea, you should have seen the cakes they made for me for weeks after. remember what goes round comes round.
good luck with the job hunting.

Harwoody
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Harwoody »

Thanks all - I think I will stay clear of the selling fish... Sorry if I upset any one :D

No-one wants to take me on working where I live coz of the bad publicity of youths nowadays... - I will find somewhere = Thanks again

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Thanks mate, you will be better thought of in the angling community and I wish you all the luck in the world on the job front. keith :D :D :D :D :D

PootyTang
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PootyTang »

gidimille

Post by gidimille »

Harwoody wrote:Tis so easy to catch mackeral here... WHy would people waste their money buying mackeral for bait whn it takes somehting like 2 minutes to get a full house?

hey where do you fish I am a new starter and I find mackreles easier to catch

Harwoody
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Harwoody »

Well they have kinda ran off, rather swam off due to the weather or so they say. But I fish Newhaven Eat Pier, Seaford Beach, Newhaven Car Park (Thanks to whoever told me that it was to cover their backside :D) and the estuary opposite the Hope Inn in Newhaven.

wotnofish
Regular
Regular

Post by wotnofish »

I'm afraid all you guys who admitted to selling fish, rabbits etc have shot yourselves in the foot.

You think that the Inland Revenue don't trawl the net looking for leads like this? You could all be by-catch!

gidimille

Post by gidimille »

Harwoody wrote:Well they have kinda ran off, rather swam off due to the weather or so they say. But I fish Newhaven Eat Pier, Seaford Beach, Newhaven Car Park (Thanks to whoever told me that it was to cover their backside :D) and the estuary opposite the Hope Inn in Newhaven.

Newhaven ............. :(( :(( :((
men too far for me :((