Hythe tomorrow

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
bill-bao

Hythe tomorrow

Post by bill-bao »

Any other kayak anglers up for a session at Hythe tomorrow, iv'e posted in the kayak forum too, but it looks little used.
Weather calm, slight offshore breeze, cloudy, ideal conditions. Sea temp only 8C, so a dry suit required or possibly death in 30 minutes!

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

The Kayak forum is very New :)
I noticed increased posts on the subject of Kayak fishing so I created it ;)
Kayak fishing does look like a lot of fun :)
well kayaking on its own looks fun but fishing at the same time :) what more could you ask for ? :)
cheers
mrix

bill-bao

Post by bill-bao »

Pity more people don't take it up! It is a growing sport though.

mrix

re:

Post by mrix »

is a growing sport though.
yea I agree and I can see why :)
cheers
mrix

Adrenaline-Junky

capsizing

Post by Adrenaline-Junky »

I take it your f**k if you capsize because you lose all your gear and then righting the boat. ive thought about it but the capsizing but has made me think.

stroodsue
Advanced User
Advanced User

no use for me

Post by stroodsue »

that's me out then cos i am NO use if i cant see the bottom ! LOL
Sue

bill-bao

Re: capsizing

Post by bill-bao »

Adrenaline-Junky wrote:I take it your f**k if you capsize because you lose all your gear and then righting the boat. ive thought about it but the capsizing but has made me think.
Aha, a good question, and no, I'm not fishing, I'm having a rest from using a jack-hammer to break up a laod of brick and concrete on my patio!

All your gear is secured, It's easy to clip on everything to a kayak. The rod has an elasticated leash, and it's in a rod holder, so that's ok. My fish/bait bag is a flexible Marks and sparks cool bag, clipped to the bow, by my feet.
Tackle is in a belt around my waist.
All other gear is in drybags, clipped to straps and deck netting, so if you do take a dip, and this is very unlikely unless you are coming in to the beach and a wave gets you, all is secured.
The paddle is also secured with a leash.
During normal conditions fishing, my kayak is so stable I can sit sideways with my feet in the water.
As I said, the most likey time to capsize is coming in to the beach, the last few yards, but everything is stowed away then.
So, don't let that put you off, it's great fun.

laneylooney

Post by laneylooney »

Had a quick look at some kayaks on dispaly in Mainwarings Swansea. Look the business - seem far wider than a normal canoe - suppose that makes them more stable ?

bill-bao

Post by bill-bao »

Sit on tops are very stable, nothing like a normal canoe. Safer because you can't get trapped in them.