Hythe Beach anyone???

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
Inzamam

Hythe Beach anyone???

Post by Inzamam » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi all after my recent disapointment yet again with hastings I have been hearing good things about hythe, however i have never fished it and am still relatively new to this lark, ive read on here about fishing the beach by the bus stop? ive been on street view google maps and there are 2 bus stops, one is on the corner of what looks like a private road on princes parade and the other is right at the bottom on sandgate parade with an ice cream place and fairly big car park there which one are people reffereing to??? also any info on bait, fish and pretty much anything to do with this mark would be really helpfull, many thanks

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:40 pm

hi mate, I only fish princess parade, during the winter months when the whiting and codling are around in great numbers. you also get dabs doggies etc there. also mackerel can be taken in summer. maybe one of the more local lads can help you as I live in north kent and mostly fish the thames and medway and mostly deal and walmer.

Inzamam

Post by Inzamam » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:46 pm

fantastic, thanks for that thats helpfull, im from gravesend and i fish the thames fairly regulary , we pulled out an 8ld cod back in feb from the thames, went down well too!

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:24 pm

nice size cod that mate. I live near snodland now and for the last couple of weeks have fished the medway at Rochester and taken soles and eels. coombe point if you have heard of it is fishing well for schoolie bass