Sad to see the site so quiet

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Sad to see the site so quiet

Post by colinthefish » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:07 pm

I am as guilty as others of not fishing much this year - in fact my two sessions of the last six months have been lake fishing in /brazil so nothing to post but it is very sad to see so little activity on this site. I use to view it every day but the last 6 months have been so quiet.

Are people just not fishing any more?

The site is as good as ever but is only as good as the content posted.

I hope it improves as survival (due to cost) can only be worthwhile if people post.

Would be a loss to see it disappear.

Colin

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:28 pm

I suspect that part of the problem is down to rather poor fishing so far this year and I put that down to the long cold winter/spring we have had. Water temperatures are at last getting up to reasonable along the south coast now so I for one am expecting some action in the next week or two. If I start to find a few bream or bass in the next couple of weeks, I will be posting.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:04 pm

yes fishing is slow at the moment and the site is quite.but just because we aint catching fish there is no reason not to post.the site is not just for reporting fish caught,but should be to offering advice rigs baits etc.

Yakdiver
Regular
Regular

Post by Yakdiver » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:53 am

I'm as guilty as the next for not posting, but I have not been out fishing this year the weather and health issues keep getting in the way of my enjoyment, I just hope the next 6 months get better

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:06 pm

As I have had two spinal operations this year I haven't been able to do any fishing. Boat fishing is my favourite, but I don't think I have missed much as, due to the winds and tides, my boating friends have hardly been able to get out this year. Heavy beachcasting is also out until my surgeon gives me the all clear.

I live just a few miles from Dungeness and have noticed that quite a few bass are being caught from the beach, often from just a few yards out. So I have decided to get up early one morning and gently cast a lure out into the surf with my spinning outfit. A freshly caught bass (or early mackerel) would make a very acceptable brunch!

I am probably wasting my time, but I think that it would be a gentle re-introduction to fishing. I will let you know how I get on. Wish me luck!

Cheers, Geoff

:) :) :) :)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:58 am

The site will pick up. Most sites are experiencing similar problems including the american auto club sites and camping sites that I visit.

Lets face it all three pastimes above have been hit with the weather conditions
that we have been having. I visit the site on a regular basis and reply whenever possible.
Cheers
keith :D :D

spursdog

Post by spursdog » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am

I must admit, that the winds we are experiencing are rather unusual, it does not seem to abate, just constant winds, hope will blow themselves out for a while so we can wet a line.
Steve

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 am

I don't know about the rest of our Country, but here in the south east (Dungeness area) we appear to be having a calm period for at least the next week. If the water clears I will be doing my favourite pastime - spinning with a lure for bass or mackerel. There seems to be a fair number of bass about at the moment.

I am a member of a boat fishing club and this has been a truly awful year so far - launches have been few and far between and most competitions have been cancelled or postponed. Let's hope the weather has turned!

Geoff

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 pm

wish you well in you adventures geoff.i too am hoping to get out in the calm weather this week with the fly rod chasing bass.
just because the weather is bad shouldnt stop people posting about over things though in the lounge and general areas.
mick.

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Thanks Mick and good luck with your fly fishing.

Cheers, Geoff