Shoreham/Brighton/Seaford - Much about ??

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
busadon

Shoreham/Brighton/Seaford - Much about ??

Post by busadon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi all,

Staying down at Worthing over Christmas/New year period with relations and want to get some beach fishing in.
Would like to know what's been coming out along this part of the south coast - day or night tides.
Is it the usual pin whiting, rockling and odd flattie or is their anything decent about .
I know a few years back when we had the big freeze with all the snow and ice over the Christmas period i had some great fishing on shoreham beach along from the west arm, widewater way, with some realy big whiting and a stray bullhuss :D
Is Kingston beach in Shoreham harbour worth a try at the moment for the flatties if it's blowing too much or if there's too much weed on the open beach ?
If any of you lads have some info on what's about and best baits at the moment it would be very much appreciated.

Tight lines everyone,
Busadon. :) :)

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:57 am

MikeO

Post by MikeO » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Busadon, there was a 22lb 8oz cod caught at seaford just over a week ago! Seen a photo of it, proper lump! I've heard there's been one or two smaller caught since so it seems to be fishing well for some people at the moment. Around christmas there would be the usual whiting and plenty of dabs at Seaford and u never know the coddies might hang around until then. Otherwise as Daz said Shorehams a good option.

Im fishing Seaford on Wednesday so will post a report so you've got some upto date info.

Cheers
Mike

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Good luck for Wednesday mike.My m8 got back from Shoreham this evening so only fished daylight and caught loads of decent whiting and a load of dabs so you might have a good chance on a night tide if you can get through the pests if you can call them that.

DAZ ;) ;)

busadon

Post by busadon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Lads,
Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated >:D<
Daz, was your mate fishing the arm or the beach when he had the dabs and big whiting and is their much weed about ?
And Mike, haven't heard of a cod coming up from Seaford that big in years!
I used to beach match fish for APV in Crawley years ago every Friday night and i remember one of our guys (Trevor Keeler) had a 28.5lb cod one night at splash point in the match, there was a stack off cod caught that night along with big pout some sole and some huge flounders up to near 3lbs caught at tide mills and if you didn't have over 15lb of fish it wasn't worth weighing in !
Conditions were perfect that night, we'd had a big south westerly blow all week then it died right down for the Friday night we had the match !

Ahh, days gone by !!

Thanks again all,
Busadon (Hayabusa riding Don !!) :) :)

MikeO

Post by MikeO » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Not really too much to report back from Wednesdays trip to Seaford, finished with three whiting and a rockling, 2 of the whiting were a decent size, 35cm and nice and fat so they were filleted :)

Fished from 10am to 6pm infront of the museum, HT was about half 3. Used 6/0 pennels on both rods with various combinations of black & blow lug, cuttle or squid. Good swell running and lots of colour in the water so i was suprised at the lack of action. No doubt i could have caught more if I'd used scratching rigs but I was after those elusive cod!

Merry Christmas to all :)
Mike

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 am

He was fishing the west arm and no weed through the session ;)

DAZ