Dungie 9th Sep 2012

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
mali786

Dungie 9th Sep 2012

Post by mali786 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 am

Hi all,

Went there first time this year, following the great summer weather we had this weekend.

There were a lot of people feathering for mackreel and some caught occassionally. We had 2 rods with our family and I caught 8 in total, and large ones, and other member blanked, over a period of about 3 hours

I also had another 2 rods, which I was planning to setup for float fishing for first time, but seeing so many there feathering and no one floating etc, didnt bother...

Anyway for next time, could anyone advice, to target for example bass or bream, is float fishing ok? When sea a bit rough, I think wind speed was 12/13 or any other setup? So could have one rod for other fish and one for feathring...

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 am

Hi Mate, I do a bit of float work occasionally but use big floats with bright yellow tops so I can see them easily. The really important bit is the wind direction and where I go, I always look for a westerly or north-westerly wind because that will tend to take the float out to sea so to speak. You don't want the float being blown back into shore all the time do you? I also use only 12 lb line and don't try it if the waves are more than about a foot or so high because it can get difficult to tell a bite if the float is bobbing up and down too much.