Sea fishing in Eastbourne

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
Swillo

Sea fishing in Eastbourne

Post by Swillo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi guy's I'm new here and was wondering if anyone knows of some good sea fishing area's in eastbourne? Also what bait is good to use? Cheers

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:30 am

Seeing as no one else is responding I will although I am not familiar with the area: I have not heard that Eastbourne is regarded as a hot spot and looking at Google Earth, I cannot see any notable features. I would therefor suggest that you take a little ride towards Newhaven and do some exploring/research at low water as it looks a far more interesting venue than Eastbourne. Mind you, you may have to make some enquiries as to where one is permitted to fish there.
Good Luck

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks Eccles mate for taking the time and trouble to answer this post, being a northerner I didn't have a clue as to the location so was unable to advise.
Cheers
keith :D :D

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:03 pm

hi swillow eastbourne pier is a good place to fish .. there is a tackle shop on there to they get plaice bass mackrel ... or you could try pevernsy bay not sure how to spell it but its between bexhill an eastbourne if you follow the coast road there is a good tackle shop there called anglers den ..... or you could try the harbour wall near eastbourne ..... baitman

Swillo

Post by Swillo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 am

Hi and thanks for all your help and advise. I was fishing there Wednesday I didn't get a bite but the guy I was with caught 1 plaice 1 sole and another I can't remember lol
Baitman I know pevensey it's not far from me so yer I'll give that a try as I'm new to sea fishing I appreciate all advice thanks guy's 😊😊😊

AndyH
Occasional
Occasional

Post by AndyH » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 am

Hi SWillo, Fishing in Eastbourne is best at night on a neap tide, Langney point can be productive as can some of the other beaches. Best tackle shop as it has been said before is the Anglers Den at Pevensey bay, They run plenty of comps from there and have a great selection of bait and tackle, will give you info willingly and can advise you of what times of the tide to fish. Another tackle shop here is Tony's Tackle on Seaside, he also can can give plenty of info. You could also join the Pier angling club and will be allowed to fish at night from the pier, their is also a tackle shop at the end. tight lines. Andy H