Hythe Beach anyone

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
Inzamam

Hythe Beach anyone

Post by Inzamam » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 am

How about this for a touch, my fishing time has greatly reduced in the last few years due to being married to the love of my life and having 3 young children and im only 30! anyway my wife's mum and dad have just moved here and the old chestnut of " why dont we go and see your parents this weekend?" which means i can keep the mrs happy and the kids occupied with no stress while i slip away to the beach, even tho i love hastings i could be on the case with hythe soon, has anyone fished this and can anyone givew me some info? im sure ill get to look at it a few times before fishing but it would be nice to know what to look for!
thanks guys and gals

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:00 am

Only fished hythe during winter time but good venue for whiting, dabs and codling- use three hook rigs with short snoods for whiting bashing- best bait seemed to be black lug or black lug tipped with mackerel for whiting (straight blacklug or fresh yellowtails for codling). Apparently the hot spot is in front of the bus shelter about half way along the main road on the parade.

maniacmark

Post by maniacmark » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 pm

hi
Anywhere along Princes Parade is about the same, there are rocks the the east of the garage at the end. The shelter used to be a hot spot but has been a bit snaggy of late on anything over 60 yrds out. At the moment it's small whitting, pout or if your lucky a sole or doggie. There have been some nice bass in the surf and on s still hot day you may get mackeral around the high tide. It does fish better after dark.

good luck.

Mark

Inzamam

Post by Inzamam » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 am

quality info guys, rock n roll, im going to get on the case! is it worth breaking out the peelers for this?

maniacmark

Post by maniacmark » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 pm

not tried crab there, main baits are lug squid or mackeral strips.

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 am

hi inzamam sorry this is late you could try sangate just a long the road towards folkstone . there are some rocky bits an clear bits .. you will get bass an sole an a chance off smothhound on crab .. baitman