What the hell was that all about!!!

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 am

As Reel wiz said, bait movement, the alternative to float fishing would be a running ledger with the hook length 12 to 18 inches.

It still suprises me just how many peir fishermen cast to the horizon when the fish are just under their feet.

An example was a charity comp at deal pier when a young girl won it who couldn't cast, and there were over 40 rods out that day and 39 blanked!
Cheers
keith :D :D

Inzamam

Post by Inzamam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:21 am

this is great stuff, so then from my mistakes i should have been on the right side of the pier ( the tide was coming in from right to left) so that my lovely plump peeler juices would be washed under the pier and cast pretty damn tight to it, i did cast pretty tight to it but then moved the rods around when it wasnt working, but then again if i was the wrong side of it then maybe thats another factor why it didnt work, i guess that no-one can gurantee fish wherever the mark but its just about giving yourself the best chance possible and controlling the controllable, this is great advice keith thanks mate, i think i may try this mark again but through the night and as you say fish it at an angle from the right hand side, there you go ive learnt something now thanks

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 am

Just be careful so as not to let you tackle drift under the pier as your tackle losses will become high and expensive. The cost of weights now are climbing through the roof, thank the lord I make my own (Church Roof) LOL.
Cheers

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 pm

hi mate take it you were fishing the left hand side off the pier looking out too sea from the pictures ...did you try the rocks on the other side . when i lived there i used too see a guy putting nets out near the rocks an he had some nice bass .. another place is the car park further along the road past the pier again its full off rocks ... or near bexhill train station over the bridge ..............shame on the fishing mate dont let it put you off .. i have been out 5 times now an not caught anything .... roll on the winter baitman

Inzamam

Post by Inzamam » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

im already planning my return trip, again im now not sure whether to stick with the pier but change side, that makes sense to be honest, or to give the harbour arm another crack or off the shore from the rockonore end??? at tleast with the harbour arm there is a rock formation and it puts you out a good 100ft out there, its all good stuff, i really want to crack hastings, its a great place to fish except there is no fish! lol

Inzamam

Post by Inzamam » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:32 pm

greetings one and all, so i decided to dust the rods off, clean the bait bucket out, order some crab and lug and head off to hastings harbour arm at rock o nore beach, in front of the stade.

We arrived at 3am and fished untill 4:30pm, im shattered pizza is on its way and ive just had a shower!!

anyway yes we fished and we fished, the water apparently had been stirred up by a storm there last week and the water was very murky and browm, i dressed my peeler crab my brother had lug worm, he caught a beautifull 4lb bass at 5:30am and then we endured hurricane winds and nothing more untill we left there, hastings is truly a terrible place to fish!!
i just cant seem to crack it i really cant!

my brother had the bass and i had absoultely nothing, not even a knock, i had squid, peeler, lug, i changed rigs, and i couldnt buy a fish if i tried!!!

can anyone suggest anywhere better? oh we also had 4 rods between us too!

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:25 am

Unfortunately not my area but some of the local lads are sure to help as they always try to bring on a new one with their knowledge,
Best of luck
cheers