Seaford - Friday 21st

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
MikeO

Seaford - Friday 21st

Post by MikeO » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Fished Seaford last night with my brother, 7:30-1:30am, HT was slightly after midnight, plenty of fish between us but all small stuff, 1 dab, 3 doggies, lots of whiting and pout and probably more than a dozen rockling! Not the best session but could be worse at this time of year. Was good to get back out and catch a few.

Bait was king, black, squid & sandeels. 2 rods each, Rigs were 2 hook paternosters on 2 rods, wishbone on one and pennell on one. All baits caught fish.

Cheers
Mike

busadon

Post by busadon » Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi Mike,
Good to hear you caught a few.
Did anyone try feathers/tinsel lures early on in daylight as this time last year (end of may) we were catching quite a few early Mackerel, decent size too, not Joeys!
Don't know if the sea was clear and calm or choppy and coloured the day you went.
Good tip for Seaford or any deeper water beach - if the Mackerel come on the feed just before dusk (as usual) swop to the luminous hockeye lures, have caught Mackerel well in to the dark on these, surprises a lot of people! ;)
Just keep a spare set 'charging up' by your beach lamp to swop over after each cast, you'l be surprised what you can pick up on these glowing lures,
have had Scad, Bass and even the odd Sea Trout as well!

Tight lines all.
Busadon :) :)

MikeO

Post by MikeO » Thu May 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi Busadon,

I did try a lot of casts with some tinsel feathers and a dexter wedge, i've had some good mackarel off seaford but nothing this time, sea was a bit coloured with may rot and wind had swung round to a brisk southerly so there was a bit of chop. Great tip re the glowing hokkais, will give that a try. I wouldn't be surprised to pick up the odd squid on something like that.

Cheers
Mike