Bognor & Pagham

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
nathy

Bognor & Pagham

Post by nathy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 am

Hey Guys new to forum but not new to fishing ;) Went out on Friday evening after work near the pier and used ragworm,fished the tide down for a hour and caught a few small plaice nothing great,then saturday at first light i went down to the mouth of pagham harbour using rag again ,got two very big bites,one bent my hook and the other jumped out the water and un hooked itselff :( all in all not a great few days but fishing gonna be good this weekend SO gonna try a new spot where the river rife meets the sea....anyone had and descent bites there ? thanks

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi there nathy. How does one get to the harbour entrance? I have heard that the car park at the end of Harbour Road is now closed and the Church Norton car park is "for church members only" or you get clamped. Or perhaps you just go for the long walk??

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Welcome to the forum fella. Not fished the harbour entrance, my experience is fishing near the sailing club for smooth hound ;)

nathy

Post by nathy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 pm

The car park is closed which is sooo annoying but means only the dedicated anglers will have a nice walk down for good fishing, I parked at the amusements and walked along stones or walk harbor road,the mouth is brilliant on the turn,if u fish it down u get all sorts of species (hot spots for bass) ,also a good spot is follow the entrance in till u get to a sign which says "no fishing beyond this point" off the quay side there, i fished near there last year a caught a few bass and too many eel's tho. ah i will have to try near sailing club sounds good,i also tried fishing the small concrete wreck off dark lane area, haven't had any luck there yet :( fishing conditions are perfect this weekend so gonna head down pagham with some white bait (mackerel,squid) and go off sailing club then :) hopefully a new spot

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Good luck fella ;)