Dungeness Parking.

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Dungeness Parking.

Post by SimonV »

Hi All.
thinking of driving down to Dungeness point this week but havnt a clue on best place to park. Any ideas would be great

lecheffie

Post by lecheffie »

Most people park near the new lighthouse area? Doesnt cost anything to park either. Then just walk along the wooden planking to the sea.

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish »

From the lighthouse, how far is it to walk - Thinking of taking my elderly dad there for a session in a few weeks but he struggles to walk very far - can just about manage Hythe beach if thats an indicator but even that is a struggle.

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

its at least a 100 yards over the decking walkway, then the few yards to the beach. the beach is one of them places that requires a bit of knowledge on how to fish it. the tides can run very fast here, so 6-8 oz grip wire leads are needed. personally mate i would stick with hythe or deal. you can drive on to the beach top by the boats but you need a gate key from one of the tackle shops for a small charge. i used to fish dungie years ago but wouldnt bother now. the fishings good but it isnt for the feint hearted

lecheffie

Post by lecheffie »

More info can be found on the following web site:

www.seagullfishingtackle.com