i screwed up

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
dabhand
Regular
Regular

i screwed up

Post by dabhand »

made a big mess up today and decided to fish walmer not realising they had the deal 1919 turkey run comp on. got there at 8.45, started fishing at 9, and only one on beach.........for all of half hour!
i had placed myself right in the middle of 2 pegs so had the guys turn up and place themslves within 15 feet of me. chatted to them both and i werent gonna leave as i thought.... man, i spent 20 quid on petrol getting here from chatham and its a public beach so what can they do anyway?. but being the gentleman i am, sometimes i hasten to add, and the fact i dont like fishing in other peoples pockets i decided to leave at 10. i did manage 5 yting and a rockling in that hour though. i thought, well high water in chatham aint till 1.30 so if i thrash the hell outta my car i can get back to M.C.E by half eleven!
after an 80 mile an hour trip back up the motorway i got to m.c.e at 11.15 and started fishing again at 11.30. for the next 3 hours i took about 20 yting, 10 keepers.
not exactly the best fishing days i av had but maybe next time i will check properly for comps!
130 miles for 25 yting and a rockling, hey ho, i couldv blanked, then i really would av been hacked off!!

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Cheers for the report. As you said after a lot of effort at least you didn't blank ;)

jacko69
Tackle Forums Mod
Tackle Forums Mod

Post by jacko69 »

When i lived in leeds i regularly travelled 128+ round trips to the coast to blank but at least you gave it a go its all part of the fun of fishing

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

From what I gather you still do it, Blank of course lol. :D :D >:) >:) >:)
Cheers
keith :D :D

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish »

Hi Gary,
Sounds like you had a bit of a mare... Still you didnt blank. Hope to catch up with you in the new year for some fishing. Can't see me getting out before Christmas - work and the wife has me running around like a headless chicken. Plus it seems to be all Whiting at the moment - hardly an incentive to go. lol.
Colin

jacko69
Tackle Forums Mod
Tackle Forums Mod

Post by jacko69 »

i stopped blanking a while ago keith i sold all my gear to royboy for him to blank with >:) , its rather hard to blank from a boat :D

Dave :D