Dungee Today.... Monster Bass!!!

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
Bonking

Dungee Today.... Monster Bass!!!

Post by Bonking »

Hello!

just got home from fishing dungee today (by the boats), was hoping for a cod or two but no such luck, couldn't seem to get through the whiting!

just thought i'd post a few pics of the HUGE bass the fella fishing next to us caught, a real fish of a lifetime, it went 18lb15oz (a few hours after being caught) so it would of been over 19lb if it had been weighed straight away, (not far off the british record) he had it on razor clams which had been washed up on the beach, he told my dad he's been fishing there for 15 years and that its the best fish he's ever had, what a beaut!...

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Amazing achievement well done that man. Just goes to show that using your head and making use of the natural baits can really pay off. Fish of a lifetime :-O =D>

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

What great fish but I do like to see fish like that go back.But well done that man, :D

CHEERS DAZ B-)

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish »

Fantastic fish and a catch i would love to have had, but I too think that such a fish deserves to go back in the water, rather than me being the one who ended its long life avoiding all the things trying to catch it / eat it etc etc.

Still - Hats off to the guy who caught it and I hope he enjoys eating it - the thought of it not being eaten, having been kept would be a real tradegy.

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

The sad thing is most of that fish will be frozen so the idea of fresh fsh is out the window. :((

DAZ

Yakdiver
Regular
Regular

Post by Yakdiver »

Oh WoW what a fish well done that man