starting back

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
thorny

starting back

Post by thorny »

Hi all new to forum. Have not fished salt water since I was a kid, and that was a few years bag now :) Just been given some beachcasters and am looking to have a chuck into the Thames, to see how I get on. Used to fish all along there as a kid mainly shorne mead and cliffe, sometimes if the BMX was up to it round to allhallows. Just wonederd what My best aproach to getting out and about again would be, baits,where to go ect ect.
Look forward to Your views.
Cheers
Thorny

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy »

hi thorny welcome to the forum its not my area but the lads down that area will come on soon and help you

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

hi mate. the fishing around allhallows and grain is pretty good at the moment with lots of schoolie bass and whiting being taken. best baits is lug and rag. i find a simple 1 up 1 down rig works best with 4oz breakaway. medway city estate, gillingham pier are all prolific with whiting at the moment. there r also dogfish being taken in numbers at gillingham pier. i dont know about gravesend or cliffe as dont fish there. good luck mate
cheers gary

bullhuss

Post by bullhuss »

Welcome to the forum thorny, bullhuss (Chris B.)

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Welcome to the forums fella ;)

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Welcome aboard thorny :D

DAZ

thorny

Post by thorny »

Thanks for the welcome lads
Cheers Dabhand for the information, might give grain ago as I am only in strood so only 20 mins away. I shall have My first go back next weekend. Looking forward to it.
Thorny

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Hi Thorny and welcome on board,as Gary said plenty of whiting in the river at the moment along with the odd report of cod,Shorne mead and Cliffe still very good venues. get yourself a mountain bike and tie rods to crossbar i find it a lot easier than hiking it.If you're able to get out next weekend why not come along to the charity meet at Allhallows,you'll get to meet some of the characters on here and and might get to witness one of Snaggers famous birds nests :D they're fun little meets that raise a few quid for the RNLI
http://www.sea-fishing.org/ftopict-30631.html
good luck

Lee

thorny

Post by thorny »

Hi lee and thanks mate, I love the walk mate I usually have a lurcher stuck to My heel, and at the moment He is picking up pheasents and rabbits for fun out on the marsh, so if I blank atleast I know He will put some dinner on the table :) although having said that He will happily run along side My bike for more miles than I can do. Cant make that date but will keep eyes pelled for future events.
Thorny