Rushenden Bay, Isle of Sheppey. Report Sunday 16th Oct

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Rushenden Bay, Isle of Sheppey. Report Sunday 16th Oct

Post by colinthefish »

Decided to use up the remaining bait and fish local and light. I seem to be taking everything barr the kitchen sink, so threw together a small tackle box with the aim being to "Grab & Go".

Well it worked a treat today - although I used a multiplier that I had bought 3 years ago but never used and the brake didn't seem very good - and birds nested 4th cast. So out came a 25 year old fixed spool that I had put in the tackle box with some new line on it for just such situations.

Fished from 2pm (HT 3.40pm) until 5pm.

At first the session was off to a bad start when 2 young kids decided to start throwing stones in the bay about 10ft from where I was fishing. Several polite requests for them to stop or move away later, my patience run out... So I told them if they done it again, I might just throw their bikes in the bay. They moved on! Not proud of that but it was effective.
Then a dog walker started throwing a stick for his dog to paddle out and fetch. Finally it was just me.

Fished Lug and Rag on a 3 hook flapper.

Fish count - 1 very small Skool Bass, 2 skool Bass and 1 bass just under size. All returned safely.

4 Bass in a 3 hour session just to use bait up - very happy!!!

Packed up as tide was going out fast and 3 local kids were badgering me with their senseless waffle.

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

welldone on the schoolies colin. it sounds like you had a good 3 days fishing, despite the kids, snags, birds nests etc lol. we will have to meet up again soon for a session. i am fishing allhallows this weekend evening with my brother and dcm, steve, if you fancy coming over to grain.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi colin
well done on the bass .as gary says it would be good to meet up on saturday if you could make it
cheers steve