Hythe Report Saturday 15th Oct

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Hythe Report Saturday 15th Oct

Post by colinthefish »

Fished Hythe on the evening of Sat 15th from about 6.30pm through to 11pm. LW was around 9.30 ish (I think).

We decided to fish one rod each rather than the usual 2 with lug and rag as bait.

From start to finish it was just Whiting. With the exception of my dad who caught a dab as well.

After 50 odd Whiting between us, we called it a day. We really wanted something other than Whiting to be honest!

This was only the second time I've fished Hythe and we were fishing the end you come in from by a garage. I managed to loose 6 rigs due to snagging. I fished further up last time and this wasn't a problem. Does anyone know if this part of Hythe beach is prone to snagging or just what is out there!

6 Weights, 6 rigs, 1 tip light (don't ask!), and a massive birds nest.... not my most successful night.

Going to fish Rushenden Bay, Isle of Sheppey (300 yards from my house) to use the last of my bait up this afternoon.

maniacmark

Post by maniacmark »

Hi
nice report, I hope to get down there in the next couple of weeks.

I have fished at various places along that stretch, I only ever get snagged at low water. Always used to be clear of snags. I think that further out there maybe the remains of the old groins.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi colin
well done on the fish to both of you . ive fished hythe 4 times and have never lost any gear so been quite lucky by the sounds of it
heers steve