sandwich bay tue

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
MALO

sandwich bay tue

Post by MALO »

went 10th green on tuesday night. fished 1hr after LT till 2 after HT.
sea was quite coloured till half way to HT then seemed crystal clear. HT at about 1 am. bait was lug, squid, macky, sand eel, cooked and frozen muscles. only had a few muscles but elastict several on a hook and theese were taken by large yting within 30 secs of casting. (note to self: dont be lazy n collect more muscles next time)
Plenty of yting 3 very good keepers. caughtabout 20 in all. also 1 small bass bout 6 inch. 1 small doggy and ...My first every thorny!!!!!
wayhay was well chuffed. had smallest of knocks and nothing more so reeled in a couple of mins later and thought must be lump of weed. to my surprise thorny of about the size of a side plate!
Small but perfect as was my first one :D
catching from the off till half way to HT then died off and went quiet for an hour then picked up till HT. after HT went quieter but still catching.
2 hook clip down with squid, sand ee, muscles. Bass took the sand eel. changed tomacky on pennel at HT but nothing on larger bait.
3 hook flapper with lug took all the others.
Must say the fog rolled in and was a treacherous walk back across the 10th green to try and find the car!! 20 yd visibility and a couple of large holes and ditches to avoid. the shooting star display was magnificent though. got pics to upload but left phone at work so will post later.

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

welldone on the thorny mate. sounds like you had a great session, plenty of fish taken. things are defo starting to look up now and improving around our coast

reeldeal
Occasional
Occasional

Post by reeldeal »

Nice One

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman »

well done on the fihing mate sounds good .... ps i have sent you a pm baitman

MALO