Hythe Report: Saturday 24th Sept 1830 - 2330

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Hythe Report: Saturday 24th Sept 1830 - 2330

Post by colinthefish »

Fished Hythe (Princes PArade) from 1830 through to 2330 hrs with High Tide at around 2130.

Was fishing with Dabhand who has fished Hythe before, whilst it was a first for me. Water was very clear and we both were worried that it had the potential to be a quiet night. Whilst it was still light, not a lot was happening but as darkness fell it was non-stop pin-whiting. For both of us it was a case of as soon as the bait hit the water, it had a fish on it - little time to rest and it was pretty late when I found time to finally light my tilley!

We finished the evening having lost count of fish but I was 30+ and I think Dabhand said he was 50+.

The downside was only a few Whiting were keepers and the only other fish caught that was not a Whiting fell to me and was a reasonable size Pout. It would have been nice to hook something other than Whiting but I'm not going to moan because its damn better than blanking.

Thanks to Gary (Dabhand) for showing me the spot and hope to be back there sometime soon.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Well done to the pair of you. Thanks for the report
Things have been on the quiet side but now it seems to be picking up. Won't be long before the bigger whiting show along with a few codling.
Cheers
keith :D :D

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

as colin said, it didnt look promicing when we arrived as the water was so clear and the sea state was too calm for my liking but how wrong was that thinking!
as soon as dusk fell it was just bordering on the rediculous!!! i dont think i have ever had so many double shots of whiting in my life. i was knackered come 11 oclock.
cant complain though..... could of blanked lol

maniacmark

Post by maniacmark »

I was down there On friday eve with eldest son and as you both said wall to wall pin whiting.
Went back last night with youngest son and the same again. I think it needs a good strong blow to stir thing up.

If you could cast 10 yards you could catch.

ps I did light the tilly but it packed up. I think the vapouriser tube is clogged.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi lads
well done colin and gary its good to see the yting starting to show .lets hope the bigger ones soon come akong aswell
cheers steve