hythe report adj to princess parade 17th september

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

hythe report adj to princess parade 17th september

Post by kopitecol »

myself and conehead visited hythe on sat night.....we were going to deal but changed our minds at the last minute, why we dont know! arrived around 9.30pm and after a quick chat with a helpfull local, we set up next to the end of princes road/twiss road (south end by the spit and car park if that makes sense).

the whiting were literally throwing them selves at my three hook flapper all night (approx 50) as well as a solitary dogfish. jason had fewer as he was fishing big baits on both unlike me (always happy to drag a few small ones up the shingle) who only had one big bait out. saw my first ever night time rainbow, millions of shooting stars and lovely lightning storms out to see and over dover cliffs!!

bait was crab, squid and lug...jason had a few blacks too. most of the whiting fell to lug or lug squid tips.

nice comfortable venue, with easy parking and plenty of fish. lets hope next time we visit the cod come out to play.

kopite
Last edited by kopitecol on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

SHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE WAKING ME

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

dont shout lol!

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

welldone guys. i hope i have the same luck this saturday evening down there.
cheers gary

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Nice to see you're getting back out Col,should of let me know i might of joined you....maybe next time.

kopitecol
Thames Estuary Moderator
Thames Estuary Moderator

Post by kopitecol »

need to ramp up the enthusiasm after a very flat year on the thames!!! will let you know next time shadow

and best of luck to you dabhand

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi colin
well done mate long time no see . i know what you mean about easy access and parking
cheers steve

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

THATS IT NOW IM AWAKE.....................WON'T GET BACK TO SLEEP WITH ALL THIS RACKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!