swanscombe thursday

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
theshadow

swanscombe thursday

Post by theshadow »

took my 12 yr old nephew with me for his 1st ever time fishing,set up a rod for Josh with a 2 hook flapper with rag and lug and a 4oz plain lead and cast it out for him as the water was still a little way out (4hrs before HT) i then did the same with my rod,15 mins later Josh's rod has a good rattle on it so i told him what to do and the next thing he's pulling in his 1st ever fish,a nice eel of 1 3/4 lbs so he was well chuffed.A hour passed before the next action when i had a massive pull down that just kept pulling,i thought it must be a big bass but on striking all i could feel was a dead weight so thought it might just be a bin liner or something stuck on the line but eventually another eel broke the surface and went just under 2 1/2 lb.The tide was pushing harder now (2hrs to HT) so changed to 6oz grippers and shortened the cast a bit,i then had a couple of little tugs which i left then a few minutes later it went again but a bit more firmer so i struck and reeled in a nice sole of 38cm,10 mins later the nephew's rod (which he was now casting out about 15yrds) had a similar nibble which he also left,again a few mins later a bit of a pull and he jumps up to reel in a sole of 36cm :D .It was just after HT when the next fish was landed,a palm size flounder i didn't even know was on when i reeled in,an hour later my Nephew has the last fish of the day when he landed another eel of just under 2lb,so he is now well hooked and can't wait to go again.Josh took some photo's on his phone which i'm waiting for him to send me so i can put them up.

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

welldone on the fish mate. you seem to be having quite good sessions along there. i tried to get over shorne fort the other day as this was always a good place to fish but i found they have welded the gate shut on shorne rail crossing and i cant find any other way of getting over there other than parking at the ship and lobster and and walking miles round the wall!