Walmer Beach - Thursday 1st September Report

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Walmer Beach - Thursday 1st September Report

Post by colinthefish » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Met up with Dabhand today to fish Walmer beach. Arrived about 12 noon, HT at 2pm and a fairly strong easterly wind. Bit of weed about but not too bad. We fished through until about 5.30pm with not a single bite between us.
Disappointing session but was good to meet Dabhand and I am sure we will meet for another fishing session soon.
Fishing seems pretty poor all over at the moment. Can't wait for the codling to make an appearance in the next month or two.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:19 am

Wishful thinking about the cod I mean, possibly due to the massive clean up of the waters all around the coast. (very little for the fish to feed on close inshore) although I expect it to be a different matter out on the boats.
Cheers
keith :D :D

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 am

Reports of codling to around 3lb coming off folkestone pier already! not many but still they are showing which is a good sign :)
fishingnuts95

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:37 pm

definitely a disappointing afternoon, very rarely blank at walmer, but thats fishing i suppose, cant catch all the time
it was good to meet colin, defo be up for more trips out
possibly fishing bartons point tomorrow afternoon so hopefully have more luck there