Back from fishing Isle of Wight

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Back from fishing Isle of Wight

Post by colinthefish »

Just back from 3 nights of fishing the Isle of Wight. Pretty poor fishing with only one smooth hound on the first night, another on the second and blanked on the last night.

Crabs were a real pain in the back side - stripping bait at an alarming rate. Took the edge off the fun to be honest.

Hope to get out to Deal sometime soon.

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

welldone on the smoothies mate. the crab does seem to be a real problem everywhere at the mo.
having tried hythe and allhallows last week deal or walmer will be my next destination.
i definitely gonna get down there this week at some point if you fancy a meet up. they are good high tides

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

Where did you fish mate ? , the boys over there are really struggling at the mo , even the back of the island is fishing pants , bloody weed everywhere :(

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish »

Fished East Cowes twice and somewhere else I cannot remember the name off. To be honest - I just followed my Dad who lives on the Island. Sadly ill health prevents him getting to any spots which involve steep banks or walking - hence East Cowes.

We thought about fishing Castle point but he said the weed is a real pain down there. Reports were that Sandown was fishing well but we didn't try it.