junior comp at deal pier (sun 14th aug)

Post by sm1thy »

CELOCANT

Post by CELOCANT »

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Absoloutley fantasic that the Adults are doing this kind of thing, I used to arrange similar events at Holyhead Breakwater each year. Well done to all the organisers for staging such an event and I wish you a great turnout both adults and kids,
Cheers
Keith :D :D

CELOCANT

Post by CELOCANT »

CELOCANT

Post by CELOCANT »

Sunshine prevailed for the Deal Angling Club (1919) Junior Pier Festival. A great turnout of 53 boys and girls fished the pier stem with the majority catching fish. The winner, in the measure and release, with 195cm, was Alex Cross from Sheerness narrowly beating his brother Tom who had 168cm. Third place went to local Deal girl Erica Garcia with 100cm. The youngest competitor, at two and a half years old, was Callum Gibbs who was thrilled with his 34 cm mackerel that gave him 14th place.

The kids thoroughly enjoy the day with the club providing free drinks, crisps and sweets and guarantees everyone gets a prize. Deal Angling Club has always promoted the junior anglers and, in the past, has produced some of the England team members of the future. We are always on the lookout for helpers and sponsors for future events.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

What a great turnout!! They did far better than I when I fished the Charity Comp at deal some time ago. (I BLANKED). Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best for future events.
Cheers
keith :D :D

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish »

Sounds like a fantastic day was had. And so many youngen's - great advert for fishing and the people who organised this need high praise.

Keith - now you have the yank - will we see you down this way some time?

tinny
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by tinny »

What a great turnout; if these kids can fish off of deal pier with success they aint doing to bad ?as i find the venue to snaggy and difficult . maybe i should come down and get a few lessons from them Bravo to the organisers and all attendies

tight lines

martin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Yep Colin mate I will be down at Alhallows from the 21st inst to the 28th and will be staying with DCM and Sue. But with the van done I will be able to have long weekends all over the country.
Cheers
keith :D :D