channel diver 5/8/11

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

channel diver 5/8/11

Post by fishingnuts95 »

2nd trip in 2 days for me and this was a fathers day present for my dad. The plan was to go bass fishing, and with gorgeous weather and only 5 of us in total on the boat it seemed it would be a day good! To say the fishing was hard would be an understatement, this was one of the toughest days going. However we persisted but no bass were caught :( while bass fishing there were plenty of indications of something having a go at the baits however nothing hooked up apart from a tiny tope for one of the guys! We were live-baiting with mackerel and somehow i managed to hook a pouting with a bare hook :-O in the last couple of hours we gave the plaice grounds a try and with the odd mackerel coming here and there just before our time was up at 3:30 i had a bite which i straight away thought was a mackerel. However there was no fight so i thought it had dropped the hook but i was wrong! Up alongside the boat came a plaice about 1 1/2lb :D I was really pleased as 2 trips having a go at plaice and i haven't failed! we stayed til just before 4 to see if we could snatch another however we didnt! So we headed home with around 40 mackerel for the other 3 guys who were on with us and a plaice for me!
Would just like to say how helpful Steve Johnson (Skipper of channel diver) is, definitely knows he stuff but with everyone struggling minimal catching couldnt be helped sadly! But thats fishing for you! Also anyone on here would be able to have a day out with him, big spacious catmaran easy access and i presume wheelchair access as he has a dive ladder along with 2 other doors!
fishingnuts95

macer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by macer »

Great report FN and thanks for posting

Cheers macer :D