Swanscombe Monday

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
theshadow

Swanscombe Monday

Post by theshadow »

after my last two outings to the coast have resulted in 2 blanks (dungie 11hrs,Holland on sea 2 tides) i went back to the river to change my luck.Me and my boy set up on the East side of the point about 3hrs before high tide but the water was ripping past and bringing a lot of weed with it and our 6oz grippers got pulled round so we made the decision to up camp and moved to the light house which proved a good move for my boy, who on his first cast had a lovely bite which resulted in a bass of 1 1/2lb and the only decent bite for 2 hrs,the only other interest in our Lug/squid baits were Crabs.Ater high water the tide starts ripping back thru at the point so upped camp again back to the east side which has slack water as the main surge is on the other side of the river,again this proved a good move as on my 1st cast i had a bass of 1 1/4lb followed by an eel about the same weight,then on his last cast my boy had a palm size flounder which rounded off a nice 6hr session and made me wonder Why i drive loads of miles when there's better fishing on my doorstep.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi lee
well done to both of you .you do like that old swanscombe area dont you and you nearly always catch there mate
cheers steve

tinny
Occasional
Occasional

yo

Post by tinny »

Being prepared to and knowing about why you should move to another location is the mark of a more successful angler ,well done lee and son knowledge is the key to this game love to see people using their noodle

tight lines

martin

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

this may be so martin, but there are other factors also.
like.... down on the coast the fish species are different than in the thames, ie.. i like to fish the coast for doggies etc but i also like to fish grain and the medway for the schoolies and big flounders.
luck also comes into it at some point, any experienced angler knows that.
weather conditions etc all play a part in catch rates. so yeh you are right in a way. the more experienced you are the more you will catch, but saying that even experienced anglers mess up sometimes. i blanked for the first time a few days ago and i have been fishing the peticular venue 25 years!!!!

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Well done on the fish M8 and keeping mobile (well on the move) I always fish with limited tackle 2 rods,rod rest,rucksack with bait inside.Just incase we have to yomp ,normally we do from a low water mark to a high water mark.Great fun :D :D thanks for the report and once again well done B-) B-)

DAZ

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish »

Nice to hear you had a good session. Wish I could work out just what to take as a light tackle setup. Seem to take everything bar the kitchen sink - need to be a bloody powerlifter to carry it all.

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

whenever i go to places that involve a long walk, which is most places on the hoo peninsula ,i use a strong freshwater fishing shoulder bag cause i can get loads in it and it is easy to carry on long walks. i take 1 beachrod and 1 carp rod and a basic tripod plus bait bucket. i use the carp rod more now cause its light and as there is hardly any tidal run around the peninsula i can get away with a 2oz lead. and the fishing is better sport with it.