anything South East coast sea fishing related here
dabhand
Regular
Regular

DEAL 2ND july

Post by dabhand » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi all. fished deal yesterday evening.
fished from 8pm till 1am.
used lug,rag squid and blueys. blueys are well over-rated in my oppinion. whenever i av used it, the squid has always outfished it everytime.
crabs were a problem all evening. the fish just couldnt get a look in.
in 5 hours had just 5 doggies. 4 decent keepers, 1 a bit smaller.
however it was a nice clear warm evening and the doggies were delicious.

cloverpirate

deal on 2nd

Post by cloverpirate » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Well done on the doggies dabhand,really good eating.Agree with you about blueys,they always seem softer than mackies to me and come off the hook easier when crab army is about .tite lines vic

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Gary

nice one on the dogfish.
On the blueys. Strange that when they first came out they seemed to be really good as a bait for me, but since then I've had nothing on them!

Squid and rag for me in the summer seems to work best, but thats only my experience.

Martin

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:47 am

hi gary well done on the doggies mate . as to the blueys ive not had a single fish on them from the shore but they seem to work on the boats. my last two trips out .large pout ,very good size doggies ,thornies and smooth hounds . but is defo softer than makie.
cheers steve

cloverpirate

deal 2nd july more bluey thoughts

Post by cloverpirate » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:39 pm

been thinking more about blueys,am wondering whether they more better when they 1st become known,as bait shops hadnt had them in stock for so long,therefore they hadnt been kept deep frozen as long as they are now.It may be that now they are more popular,larger stocks are being kept for a lot longer affecting their affectiveness,just a thought.Still say you cant beat really fresh mackie Tite lines all vic

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Dabhand,
Not a bad session - at least you caught and more importantly, you got out to fish. I've not had a chance.
Did you fish the spot you fished before or elsewhere?

As for Blueys - I've given up on them ... never had much luck with them from the shore and always end up back with my reliable and trusted Lug, Squid and when funds permit - peeler.

Hope to catch up with you soon

Colin

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:42 pm

hi colin. yep, i fished in exactly the same spot as 2 weeks ago, couldnt be bothered to walk over the shingle at walmer lol.
i am hoping to get an evening session in locally this weekend, prob sat evening. not sure where yet. maybe grain or MCE. let us know mate when you can get out and we will meet up for a session.
cheers gary

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Will do mate.
First week back to work - found getting up at 5am and not getting home until 7pm knackering!!!
Not done it for 3 months since I was made redundant - need to get back into the routine. Wife and kids dragging me off to watch Potter next week but I'm hoping the Saturday after I will be able to fish - keep it in mind if you can meet up.
Colin