Grain fishing this evening.

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
PootyTang
Occasional
Occasional

Grain fishing this evening.

Post by PootyTang » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi all , i fished Grain on the evening tide with my daughters boyfriend . Very easy snag free fishing with a car park close to the beach ( Check google maps ) . Could have been better as we had a stiff northerly in our faces so casting distance was not really achievable . I fished a 3 hook flapper with lug and also took some bluey but bright spark me forgot the bait elastic so i did not pursue that avenue after a few casts saving the bait for another day .The water was quite choppy due to the wind and it was well coloured . I ended the session with 2 flounder , one very Plaice looking with orange spots and the lad had an eel was was great to see as they have been thin on the ground for a few years . As you can imagine he did not think so after it had mullered his rig . One hint with this mark is not to fish to early on the flood as your lead will end up deep in the mud and will result in a lost rig :( .

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:15 am

nice report pooty and well done on the catch both of you .as you say its good to see the eels ,thats the 4th report of eels ive seen in the last 2 weeks .we really must try and meet up for a sesh .im down the caravan all over the weekend if you can make it
cheers steve

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:18 am

welldone mate. there certainly does seem to be more eels about this year.
i had another decent one of about 2lb at coombe point last weekend along with 6 schoolies and a flattie

PootyTang
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PootyTang » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for the replies guys . Regarding this weekend Steve i'm afraid i'm working nights but not to worry we will meet up sooner or later . :)

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:48 am

Cheers for the report m8. Well done on beating the blank ;)