low water venues around hayling

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
adim

low water venues around hayling

Post by adim »

does anyone know of any low water venues around hayling and if so what baits to use thank you

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Basically there aren't any my friend except the harbour entrances and they are often difficult to fish because of the speed of the currents flowing in and out combined with weed. The deepest water is at Eastoke but even there you need to cast well over 100 yds at low water to find any significant depth. It really doesn't matter much which baits you use they can all be efficacious on the day. I have used rag, lug, mackerel, squid and limpet over the last 5 years and caught with all of them.

pompeykev
Occasional
Occasional

Post by pompeykev »

I've been told that the Chichester Harbour entrance inland from Sandy Point can be good over low for smoothies and black bream but it's better fished early or late (to avoid jet-ski etc annoyance etc.). As Eccles says, once that tide starts to push it becomes hard if not impossible to fish particularly when there's weed about.

Kev

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Only once in 5 years have I caught a smoothound in that spot, the bream are often small and soon buzz off when the tide changes. Occasionally I have had a bass there but there are other problem too in my experience. Crabs and especially at this time of year, spiders. Also the bottom is snaggy in some places. So all in all it is hard work and you need to be there at exactly the right state of the tide or the current will wreck your gear. Whereas along the front around HW and especially at night, you stand a much better chance of finding a decent smut or bass. I tend to go for Eastoke or the stretch between the Funfair and Inn on the Beach.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Dont forget Sandy point produced a 28lb'er last year ;)

sircodalot

Post by sircodalot »

flattiefanatic wrote:Dont forget Sandy point produced a 28lb'er last year ;)
Hi, sorry this is a bit late but if you fancy a trip fishing hayling then Im willing to show hot hotspots. ive fished hayling for 40 years now. I live in littlehamton now but always fish hayling.

adim

Post by adim »

yes i would like to take up your offer sent you a pm