Bass fishing

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
pancho

Bass fishing

Post by pancho »

Does anyone know when is the best time of the year to target bass in the southeast and which venues are best.

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

Hello there!

Where abouts are you located? might wittle it down to spots people can suggest!

Cheers, Jebend

pancho

Post by pancho »

Hi jebend I mostly fish the Dover area

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Im sure someone from that area will help you out soon. Good luck with the bass fishing. One of my goals this year is to catch one above 5lb ;)

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

Im not local to the dover area but as flattiefanatic said there will most probably someone who'll point you to a good spot, i only know a few good spots local to bognor and pagham
flattiefanatic wrote:Im sure someone from that area will help you out soon. Good luck with the bass fishing. One of my goals this year is to catch one above 5lb ;)
Thats going to be my goal aswell, hopefully i will beat you to it ;)

Cheers Jebend

pancho

Post by pancho »

Looks like we are all at it this year. No dout I will post to let you all know that I have caught one, fingers crossed, as soon as I find out were to go and try :)

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Jebend wrote:Im not local to the dover area but as flattiefanatic said there will most probably someone who'll point you to a good spot, i only know a few good spots local to bognor and pagham
flattiefanatic wrote:Im sure someone from that area will help you out soon. Good luck with the bass fishing. One of my goals this year is to catch one above 5lb ;)
Thats going to be my goal aswell, hopefully i will beat you to it ;)

Cheers Jebend
Competition on :P

Bass can hang around all year especially if theres a hot water outlet like a power station ;)

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

reel_wizard wrote:
I live extremely close to one (power station that is) ... and I've always found it to be a point thats given more credance than its worth. I know people who have done well over some winters but most of the fish near them are small stuff and nowadays a good few (the one near me included) have been designated nursery areas and have no-fish zones in place for boat anglers. You can fish from the shore, but they have been designated nursery areas for a reason and shore anglers are "expected and encouraged" to return all Bass caught.

http://www.ukbass.com/seabassandfishery ... rules.html
Bass are a sport fish for me anyway so catch and release isnt a problem. Cheers for the advice anyway, we have bass nursery areas around portsmouth ;)