anything South East coast sea fishing related here
pancho

Help please

Post by pancho »

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Im sure you have every right to get your money back. However that requires you to get hold of the skipper. Must skippers have a land line or mobile, or even an e-mail. Not sure if trading standards can help here, or failing that citizens advice.

pancho

Post by pancho »

Thanks for your reply flattiefanatic he has a land line but it does not ring and he does not answer his mobile its kind of bad because I've got 3 other people involved in sea fishing through out the summer months and decided to try a charter boat but this guy really is giving the industry a bad name

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

If you lived close enough to where he leaves, it might be an idea to go there and confront him. Failing that m8 trading standards would be my first port of call as he cant get away with keeping your money despite loads of attempts to contact him. And yes i agree its a shame that somehting like this happens and it could damage your future charter trips through mistrust :(

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

ring from someone elses phone. he might not be answering because he knows it you

pancho

Post by pancho »

hi red mouse tried that no joy I think he knows that i will try to contact him because it is all hot off the press to say however I have just e-mail consumer direct and i will be speaking to trading standers Monday

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

HI FIRSTLY MATE DONT LET THIS WHICH I WOULD THINK IS VERY UNCOMMON THING AND TRAETMENT FROM A CHARTER SKIPPER PUT YOU OFF USEING ANOTHER BOAT 99 PER CENT ARE GOOD AND DOWN TO EARTH BLOKES
I DO THINK YOUR RIGHT TO GO THROUGH THE TRADEING STANDEREDS RATHER THAN GET INTO A CONFLICT WITH THE SKIPPER .I HOPE YOU GET THINGS SORTED OUT MATE
STEVE

pancho

Post by pancho »

Thanks Steve, I totally agree with you I just cant believe that this individual thinks he can run his business like this and give such a bad name to the industry. I know there are good skippers out there I've met one of them how ever to the other 3 who are new to sea fishing they don't have a very good impression how ever we are going to try another boat in January and I'm trying to find a good skipper. but in the mean time there still is this issue of the deposit.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

if the other three are mates im sure they will understand .but i know what you mean ,you feel like you have let people down when really its something you have no controll over that s gone wrong .as for your deposit lets hope that tradeing standereds contacting him gives him a bit of a wake up call and makes him relise he cant treat people like this and returns it a bit quick
steve

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Hope this gets sorted soon, as word and mouth is a powerful thing and a good way for him to lose bussiness :(

pancho

Post by pancho »

dontcatchmuch your right I feel like a bit of a fool having to organize this with the other 3 and this all happening but they do understand and its a case of saucing another skipper. \

flattiefanatic I'm trying to stay really calm about it but i am very upset about it and as yet as you will see I have not named him or his boat AS YET

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

i know it must be hard pancho but you are doing the right thing by not nameing the skipper or the boat at the momment give trading standereds chance to help well done mate
steve

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

I didnt mean name and shame him on here. I was thinking how word gets about anyway, through friends and so on. I know your upset m8 and i would be too. See what happens soon m8 when you ring trading standards ;)

pancho

Post by pancho »

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all your support I will keep you updated

pancho

Post by pancho »