Which Zippy

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
mjwoo
Occasional
Occasional

Which Zippy

Post by mjwoo »

It is my 16th birthday next february and i want a Zziplex, however, there are so many i dont know which one to chose!
i tend to fish over clean/mixed ground and want one that will suit all casting styles that is quite stiff, i have my eye on the M4 EVO and the primo synchro, but was wondering if anyone could recommend any others?
thanks
matt :)

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

You will get someone asking why a zziplex but they are awesome rods although i am not really a vault of info on which one for what situation.

I have a Quatra and a 2500lm which are both old zzippies but still awesome.
I have read on another forum that the 2500lm (light match) was one of the most user friendly rods ever made by Terry Carroll.

Both my rods were bought 2nd hand and are in tremendous condition considering both (I believe) are at least 12-15 years old.

I have also sent you a private message...

tinny
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by tinny »

hi mjwoo the two rods you ask about are very stiff.if you phone zziplex and explain your requirements i am sure they will advise you.i have just bought a anyfish anywhere rod six and bait and its awesome.less than half the price of a zziplex ...the m4 is a straight through carbon rod and will be a bit of a beast take your time and dont get carried away with the most expensive rod..... For the sort of money your thinking of laying out you should be able to find the perfect match for your requirements

tight lines

martin

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

have a look on flea bay and you may get 2 decent zippies for the same price as a brand new one.

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

16 and wants a zippy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a tackle junkie in the making :D :D :D :D :D :D

seriously though
good tackle pays dividends in the long run
i tend to agree with the previous poster, decide what rod you want and look on fleabay, lots of zippys on there and an awful lot cheaper than new ones

good luck and have a great 16th in february <:-P <:-P

tinny
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by tinny »

16 blimmey i was beachcasting with an old boat rod at that age...........times they are a changing,,,,,,,,,,,,mjwoo did not know you where that age.....get a zippy forget earlier advice

tight lines

martin

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Re: hi

Post by fishhunter »

cigar-aficionado

Post by cigar-aficionado »

Primo Synchro is a lovely rod, try also looking at the TF 50/50 which suits all casting styles and is a gem of a rod

mjwoo
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mjwoo »

thanks guys all the advice really appreciated, will defo look on ebay for them, i wanted to take the chance and get one seen as it is a special birthday (i suppose) and will probs not get another chance :)

btw mjwoo is a joint account between me (matt) (the 16 year old) and my stepdad clive (30) so we will put who is posting at the bottom of pst in future lol :)

thanks
matt :D

mjwoo
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mjwoo »

whats the dreamcast 2 like?

tinny
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by tinny »

Fishfinder ....If you bothered to read all earlier posts and considered mjwoos age ,I would have thought that normal intelligence could have read into the humour of 2nd reply, The good old borderlands people never fail to amaze me

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Re: hi

Post by fishhunter »

tinny wrote:Fishfinder ....If you bothered to read all earlier posts and considered mjwoos age ,I would have thought that normal intelligence could have read into the humour of 2nd reply, The good old borderlands people never fail to amaze me
I do appologise if I have misread the post but at least if you are going to make a remark about reading and intelligence at least have the courtesy to get my user name correct.

And what kind of comment is that to make at the end of your post?.....I dont think it is necessary to try and have a pop just because of where I come from.
Do you think I am of lesser intelligence than yourself because I am from the "Borderlands" as you put it. If you do it just shows your ignorance.

reggieboy

Post by reggieboy »

i got a greys 14ft apollo rod and a conoflex nemesis 13ft . both excellent rods. both cost app 250 quid.

jeffro

Post by jeffro »

If I was you, I would go for either a Primo Synchro, Primo Hi-flex or M4 Hi-flex match.

Depending on what level of angler you are, the M4 Evo is a very powerful rod and is not for the faint hearted. It is a straight through carbon and is very stiff. It takes a lot of effort to compress.

You will not go wrong with a Primo Hi-flex or Synchro. Both are lovely rods to cast and bite detection is very good.