River Medway 21/11

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

River Medway 21/11

Post by mulletover » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm

After a blank yesterday and with bait left Steve " dontcatchmuch" and myself decided to fish the Medway today.

Fished 10.30 til about 2 HT 12.15 . Loads of whiting on lug, rag and squid. Some keepers but returned and lots undersize as well.

After a blank yesterday it was good to see the rod tips moving!

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

well done guys were on the medway you go ... shame no cod.. it would be nice too get out :( :(

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:16 pm

welldone lads. hopefully i will get out next weekend. possibly hythe :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:17 pm

yep your correct martin it was good to see the rod tip noding away thanks for the text and then picking me up i had a real good few hours out with more than a few fish and great company :D ;) i hope you got all that washing up done :D :D .the place you took me to ,laser queys to answer baitmans question is a great disabled access mark .looking forward to the next meet up
steve
ps i still think that the last fish i had got attacked by the ragworm rather than the other way around :D :D :D

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Not surprised, they were pretty big rag!!! Will look that bait place up. Trouble with me is I rarely "plan" fishing, just go at the last minute so I have to use what I can get.
If I'm heading out down the coast I'll let you know Steve and pick you up at Rochester or Chatham. Likewise Gary, I'll let you know and maybe we'll manage a session together.

Martin
Ps to Steve , washing the floors tonight, it never ends, Eva has a cold so she'll be miserable tomorrow anyway. Better put her rod away before she realises I've been using it!!!!

Good to meet you mate take care and see you on the boat!

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi Baitman, we fished Culpepper. The whiting are as good as last year, just the codling........... not sure whats going on there. Not sure they'll even get up the Medway before they gorge themselves on the spratt!
Have to wait and see I guess. Doesn't seem much better down the beaches so far but all we can do is keep hoping and trying!
Martin

theshadow

Post by theshadow » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Well done for getting out and giving it another go lads

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 pm

talking of rods martin if you want to get rid of that old silver stick thing you had i supose i could use it :D :D :D joking aside i couldent belive how light it was could you pm me the exact make ,name and number of it please
steve