Come on Folkes (tone), help me out here.

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
Spikeyrich

Come on Folkes (tone), help me out here.

Post by Spikeyrich » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Coming from Portsmouth on Saturday to fish Folkestone all day. Was told to try the pier. Its low tide, and gonna be raining apparently. Would like to hit some Bass or Cod. What chances have i? Or should I try somewhere else in folkestone? I want to stay in Folkestone as I have local family popping down to see me. So what do you think?

Cheers

Rich.

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi
Kinda know why no one replied, but I'll have a go at least.

Sure, Folkestone is no better or worse place than any other to target cod, wouldn't be my first place for bass, but that's my opinion.

Reality is that you will catch whiting, maybe dogfish and if you're lucky a codling.

The fish just aren't out there in big sizes unless you go day after day, or get lucky.

Folkestone pier is good, never known it busy, so enjoy the day out whatever the fish!

Spikeyrich

Post by Spikeyrich » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 am

cheers mulletover. will give it a go anyway.

theshadow

Post by theshadow » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:37 am

Hi Rich,only fished the pier once a couple of months ago,fished the elbow mainly whiting and doggies but a chap to my left had a bass of a couple of pounds from straight down the wall and someone had a nice sole,didn't lose any gear and sure you could have a Chance of a Cod.not sure if you seen Folky's posts about Folkestone marks so here's some links also one for a bait shop.Hope your trip out up this way goes well for you,look forward to your report.

Lee
http://uk-fishing.com/folkestone-angling.html

http://sea-fishing.org/ftopict-11396-.html

http://sea-fishing.org/ftopict-17343-.html

maddmick
Regular
Regular

Post by maddmick » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:48 pm

some great advice not fished there for a while but parking is no problem near the entrance to the pier or next to the pub near the harbour pay and display. 2 shops 1 mentioned tontine street and the other in the harbour arches where a day ticket can also be purchased. bass down the wall or try the beach for the bass right side of the pier and no more than 300 yards . always a chance of cod in a swell and coloured water and possible need a 7 0z fixed wire to hold bottom for the stronger tides or fishing past the elbow, good luck :D

folky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by folky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:27 pm

im not sure but i think its the folkestone 2 day pier festival this weekend and its gonna be closed to the public, i only just found that out about an hour ago.
I know this is probably abit late but you might want to phone up one of the local tackle shops to find out before you go.

maddmick
Regular
Regular

Post by maddmick » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:24 pm

folky wrote:im not sure but i think its the folkestone 2 day pier festival this weekend and its gonna be closed to the public, i only just found that out about an hour ago.
I know this is probably abit late but you might want to phone up one of the local tackle shops to find out before you go.
if this is the case maybe the piers at dover or deal could be your options or the deeper marks from the beach walmer, kinsdown or hythe without travelling too far or even dungeness :D