medway good or not ?

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
smarky

medway good or not ?

Post by smarky » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 am

hi im thinking if dusting my rods of and taking a trip to the medway . just not to sure what part to fish .ind est .. gillingham pier .. i havent a clue not fished for a while so dunno what hot or not . and help please
cheers

sm1thy

Post by sm1thy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:31 pm

you could try medway city estate (laser quays), hard standing and can sit in car if needed and watch your rod. Upnor is fishing well up near yacht club (pass gun tower). not seen any signs of the codling as yet but whiting and pouting and few bass but thats about it...

hope this of help !!!!!

TIGHT LINES and good luck

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:10 pm

sm1thy wrote:you could try medway city estate (laser quays), hard standing and can sit in car if needed and watch your rod. Upnor is fishing well up near yacht club (pass gun tower). not seen any signs of the codling as yet but whiting and pouting and few bass but thats about it...

hope this of help !!!!!

TIGHT LINES and good luck
HAVE SENT YOU A PM
STEVE

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi
Haven't fished The Medway lately, this time last year into January the river was full of whiting. As Dabhand said, Laser Quay is a good choice. The other side at the new park bit off of Gas House Lane is good too. Tight Line sell frozen black lug on Medway City Estate and the whiting love it!

In front of the old Lloyds building, now the council offices, Dock Rd, worth a go.

I'm not a fan of Gillingham Pier, not much space and gets crowded and I've not seen much caught there to be honest.

By the toilets in Lower Upnor, doesn't sound great, but it's got a little sea wall and can be ok, or Lower Upnor beach is worth a go. These two are high tide only venues and on a small tide you don't get long. You can't cast far either due to the boat moorings.

This time of year I would fish around Laser Quay, I've had lots of whiting there, some decent sized pout and there is a fair chance of the odd codling too up til Christmas.

I tend to fish the coast more these days although when it gets really cold being close to the car and home suits me better, so Laser Quay is ideal.
I'll be down there myself soon.

My personal species list for The Medway to date is, whiting, codling, pouting, eels, bass ( 4 @ approx 5lb ), dogfish and a red gurnard. I know there are flounder and sole, but they have eluded me so far! Oh, and in the summer big mullet, not managed one of them here yet either.

The river fishes very badly late Jan til spring so get out soon and happy fishing!

Hope that's some help

Martin

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

hi

Post by baitman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:17 pm

hi smarky as the others have said lasar quay is good i used to fish there all the time before i moved to southend ... have had good results there even had a 7 pound bass in winter .. on whole squid ... .. hope this helps baitman

smarky

Post by smarky » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:24 am

thanks every 1 for your messages and tips . will defo get out soon i missed to tide yesterday due to overtime at work . but looks like lazer quays it will be then . taking a mix of baits with me to hope temp somethink onto my line
cheers steve