Beach Shelter Advice Taken!

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Beach Shelter Advice Taken!

Post by mulletover »

Decided to go with advice and bought The " Igloo" down at Brazils in Dover as they had it on special offer. Great service in that shop and is now my tackle shop of chioce down there.
Tried the shelter out last night, goes up in seconds, very sturdy. A lot roomie than I was expecting as well
Good bit of kit, and thanks for the advice
Martin

ant200sx

Post by ant200sx »

i use him aswell when i am fishing down at dover
my friend bought the igloo and he found it very easy to use and i bought the ron thompson beach buddy and between the 2 shelter they both take under a min to put up and handle the wind very well

tinny
Occasional
Occasional

kip

Post by tinny »

what a great little tackle shop brazils is i always try to get my black lug from their as it is always excellent ,and they have some great deals for the big stuff like reels shelters and rods .i have bought an abu 6500 and a penn 525 here cheaper than on the internet.the lady and man that run it are always friendly and helpful,more than i can say for the big shop next door martin i thought you were coming to the 9th ,hope you can make the 10 th as we always have a good laugh

tight lines

martin

brian_woolsey

Re: Beach Shelter Advice Taken!

Post by brian_woolsey »

mulletover wrote:Decided to go with advice and bought The " Igloo" down at Brazils in Dover as they had it on special offer........................, and thanks for the advice
Martin
you wont go far wrong with the igloo. i have friends that have the buddy`s & used to have one myself, but now i find the igloo just a bit more practical.
the fact that it rolls up straight, albeit a little long, is a godsend i find.

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

I,ve used all the tackle shops on that street in Dover and just found Brazils gave the best service by a mile, just stuff like he remembers my name which makes it feel like you spending money there matters to them and they appreciate it.

Sorry Tinny, I was kind of at the Deal meet however I went to Deal having not read it was at Sandown. Pretty stupid of me as I hadnt read the whole post on the Thames side explaining the postcode. I fished from 3.30 til about 8 and no one turned up so I packed up and had a little drive up and down the beach but didnt go as far as Sandown. I had one phone no for one of the thames guys but alas it was on my old phone indoors.
Not sure about the Orford meet as its a fair way from here but I'll see how it goes nearer the time.

Tried out the shelter at Deal,, seemed a bit excessive considering the weather when I got there was fine. After an hour or so the haevens opened and I was very happy I'd put it up!!!

folky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by folky »

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

Hi Mulletover,

Was that the Salt Rod Holdall (adjustable to 2 different lengths) or the Salt Quiver? Either way, it looks as though it could be just what I am looking for.

Cheers, Geoff :D :D :D

mulletover
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mulletover »

Hi Geoff,
It has a section that unzips to extend it about another foot, the shelter's pretty long rolled up so it needed a long bag, again I thought the bag was pretty good for the price. It's not a massive diameter, 3 rods , shelter and rest is a squeeze but they do fit plus a section on the outside with velcro straps which the shelter would go in if you needed more rods inside.

Regards
Martin

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for that - it has helped me to make up my mind to ask Santa for the Salt Holdall. The adverts in the fishing magazines don't give enough detail regarding capacity etc., so it is good to hear from someone with first hand experience - many thanks.

Cheers, Geoff :D :D :D