Whereto fish in Folkestone?

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
Spikeyrich

Whereto fish in Folkestone?

Post by Spikeyrich »

Hello comrades,
Im travelling down to Folkestone for a full days fishing in Folkestone, about 9am til 5pm. I want to get as close to the town centre as possible cos I have family there who want to come down and meet up. So, where can you suggest? Looks like its low - high as the day goes on.

Cheers

Rich

pompeykev
Occasional
Occasional

Post by pompeykev »

Folkestone Pier might be a good bet. There are 25mph southerlies forecast this week so the beaches might be difficult but if you're fishing the pier you can cast out behind the breakers and give yourself a chance of a nice bass etc

Spikeyrich

Post by Spikeyrich »

Cheers. Im actually coming down on 13th Nov. Is it easy to park near the pier? Is there anywhere near that I can buy bait on the day?

Rich

folky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by folky »

Have a look here mate most of these posts really need me to update em but it might help for now. http://www.sea-fishing.org/ftopict-19491.html

Spikeyrich

Post by Spikeyrich »

Thats a great help thanks. Are you allowed to go along the pier and fish from there? It looks like there's a rail line along it? It looks a great place to fish?

Rich

folky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by folky »

Its an old Coal rail pier, you can fish the seaward side at the moment, the lower side (with the rails on) is not accessable to the public at this moment.