Bartons point 9/10/2010

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
beefy

Bartons point 9/10/2010

Post by beefy »

Arrived at bartons 10-30 am ht at 1300, sea was rough and water was well murky (good day me thinks :) ) well equiped with lug, squid,macky and crab, set up first rod pully rig with half a crab (big buggers) setting up second 1 up 1 down when first rod pulled strait down bait and hooks went everwhere as i hit the bite like a man posest (out of practice) >:) in came a little pup, after chasing me worms around the beach finaly get two rods out, tucking all me bait in a sensible place sat and waited :D high tide came and went, not even a nod, just watching the crabs lining up for a game of chase the bait from the shore line (dam things would have left usain bolt behind, stripping the hooks soon as they hit bottom) about a hour after ht my pully rig rod bent right over, i landed a whiting about 1 1/2 pound proberly my best whiting from the beach. 1 more whiting 1/2 an hour later and called it a day. first trip for 10 months so at least no blank, i wish the frost would come to get rid of them crabs and weed.(BRING ON THE COD)
:D :D :D

Brian (Beefy)

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Well done Brian,how did the legs hold up?

Lee

beefy

Post by beefy »

thanks for asking shadow, legs were fine thanks, how did the rugby go? hope you didn't get legless ;)

mjwoo
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mjwoo »

Hi Beefy, nice report mate those doogys can get the heart racing sometimes (pretending to bass) bastards :D

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 »

good to hear you back on the beach, hope the cod comes soon, cheers
jay