Deal pier thurs 7th oct

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
joliroger

Deal pier thurs 7th oct

Post by joliroger »

Myself & 'Whelkie' took a trip today to Deal pier, high water was @ 11.30 am...................the day began well picked up some first class worm from Dean at 'Pleasure Angling' he is a really helpful guy, top bloke,............................................. as tradition dictates we then proceeded to the 'Royal hotel' for the madatory liquid refreshments ...............nice Guinness in house !!!!!!!!!, all was well, right onward to the pier and begin the Fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!, we did an hour up and 4 hours down,as I said the Guinness is great in the 'Royal' wish we'd stayed in there..............................5 hours on the pier and not a bite between us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, all the other Anglers were doing as well /bad as us , a total blank ........................................but the Guinness was good LOL LOL.

JOLI :D

ducker

deal pier

Post by ducker »

hi jolli
glad to see you and whelki back in buisness shame about the blank thats not like you pairkeep trying iam off to walton pierr saturday for a day sesh will let you know how iget on all the best

ducker

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Unlucky on the lack of fish Joli,sounds like a nice pint of Guinness tho :D.How was the snag situation down there as i heard they dredged it again the other week.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hi Len & Lee,
Hope you have right result on Saturday 'Ducker' down at Walton, think that you will, you seem to be on a 'run' at the moment judging by the nice Thornbacks you took on the boat with 'Aston'.............very nice well done !!!!!!!!(jammy git !!!!!! lol lol :D ).
Lee re the 'snagging' situation on Deal pier after yesterday's trip I can't honestly see any improvement, they did 'drag' the area with a Trawler recently I know, but between us we lost two sets each ie weights & end tackle and we reclaimed the same amount back reeling other peoples losses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so we broke even !!!!!. Got to be honest the smart move is to use a 'rotten bottom' and in the past that is what we do but we were lazy yesterday and as you have said it was supposed to be a bit clearer ...................lesson learned !!!!! :D .

Hope to if possible bump into you two guys and all the others soon.........circumstances allowing................JOLI / :-/ WHELKIE

ducker

deal pier

Post by ducker »

hi guys

well to be honest it was very poor small whiting couple of pouts same doggies about 15chaps fishing wind northely sea rough and well coloured great for coddies but must off been on there holydays i had 10 small whiting bait usual lug squid and pennel rigs

ducker

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Can't win em all, still better than blanking and you didn't get wet, the Cod are on there way ....................................................I hope :-S :-S !!!!!!!

Cheers................JOLI :-B

jeffro

Post by jeffro »

Conditions were not great for Cod this weekend. SE winds are not ideal.

I personally would fish Deal after some strong NE winds.