Dungeness 30/9/10 - Whiting,Whiting, Whiting!

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Dungeness 30/9/10 - Whiting,Whiting, Whiting!

Post by Judgegeoff »

Hi,
I fished Dungeness Point from 3:30pm to 9pm (HW was 2:27pm, 6.7m and LW was 9:46pm, 2.4m). Used 2 rods with pulley pennel (3.0 hooks) rigs baited with lugworm and squid. Each time I casted out I got small knocks within seconds and reeled in countless small whiting - kept me busy, but not what I wanted. Some casts I reeled in two fish - one on each of the pennel hooks. Nobody else there was catching anything other than whiting, so I didn't feel too bad. With one very small whiting on I cast it out again, hoping a hungry cod or bass was around, but no such luck. Still, it was a good baptism for my new rod (Rovex Big Boss Surf 3 piece 14ft 4 to 7 oz) and my new 30 LED rechargeable lantern (from Argos). I was very pleased with both! I WILL catch a cod one day!!!!!!
Cheers, Geoff

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Nice report Geoff,pity you didn't get a cod but i'm sure it won't be long before they'll be about...trouble then is finding a spot on the beach.

Lee

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

well done geoff as to the cod it seems it,s a word to discribe the dreeming of rather than the catching of a fish :D :D well in my case it is :D :D maybe oneday please please please .hope you get one soon
steve

jeffro

Post by jeffro »

Glad you had a good day.

Hopefully things should start to pick up down there shortly. I will be taking a gamble and going mid next week as we have got some strong SW winds forecast for this weekend. Playing it by the weather though!

jay180
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by jay180 »

keep casting out there fella, there is a cod with your name swiiming on it somewhere, tight lines
jay

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

Thanks Lee, Steve, Jeffro and Jay. Enroute to Dungeness I stopped off at the Seagull Fishing Tackle Shop (on the coastal road at Greatstone) to pick up the key for the barrier across the concrete road to the Point. The owner, Tony Hills, is the chairman of the Dungeness Angling Association and is very knowledgable about the area and gave me a lot of good advice about where, how and when to fish this beach. Any angler not familiar to Dungeness could do far worse than to call in and talk to Tony.