MACKEREL AROUND THE DEAL /DOVER AREA???

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
joliroger

MACKEREL AROUND THE DEAL /DOVER AREA???

Post by joliroger »

Any sign of a showing of the Mackerel around the Deal / Dover area yet ????, fished Deal today........tried the feathers but no sign of them.
Cheers ................JOLI

Fazzar

Post by Fazzar »

hiya,
There have been a few showings of mackeral down deal its just if you catch the right day as it's still little bit early and the weather hasn't been the greastest. I went down samphire for walk the other day and the water was crystal clear and there was plenty of mackeral being caught. Only place i've fished in dover is prince of wales but only ever caught them on bait.

Danny

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

I'm fishing Samphire hoe Friday so i'll let you know Jolli

kev37
Occasional
Occasional

Post by kev37 »

hi yer there is alot of mackrele of the admaralty when i when fishing a few weeks ago

kev B-)

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Cheers Guys for all the info and your help..............just have to keep on trying :D .

Tthanks again , all the best.....................JOLI

ducker

around deal

Post by ducker »

hi joli deal pier is good if the sea is blue and not murky mackerial seem to like clear water admiralty pier is great if you can get on it lots of foriegn macky bashers there

cheers ducker

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hiya Ducker, yeah I know the problem 99% of the time is the clarity of the water and I've had a few off of the pier in the past .........I just wondered if they had been around at all..............!!!!! this year they seem to be getting them just about everywhere else except around the Deal /Dover area unless you are out on a boat.

We had a day at the pier yesterday and again I got out fished by 'Whelkie' loads of Dogfish and I might add they were all sizeable decent fish, 'Whelkie' also had a few Pouting they also were in good condition but the Star of the day was a young lad we got talking to, whist we were with him he caught a beautiful Lobster one of the largest that I've seen taken on a rod and line.....WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!..................., 'Whelkie' took a few photo's and I believe he might post them later on tonite. Take it easy old mate hope to see you soon, all the best .....................JOLI :D