Dungeness Fishing Ban ---- Immediate effect

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Dungeness Fishing Ban ---- Immediate effect

Post by essexkenny »

There has been a thread started with regards to somebody hearing of a blanket ban on all fishing from Dungeness due to the protection of foliage on the beach (or something like that) aswell as litter and damage to shingle banks.... and a similar sort of thing to be put in place at Orford soon
Has anybody else heard of this??
Personally i think they're on a wind up, but i was planning to head down that way with my grilfriend and drown some worms between us within the next week or two.
What you reckon? Wind up, or not

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

hi mate
it is april 1st

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny »

lol Yeah i know.............

Thing is though, the whole PC thing, and anti this and anti that, it wouldn't surprise me if they had started to put angling bans in place around parts of the coast.

I'll probably get shot down in flames for expressing my opinion, but in short........

All it takes to get anything like that to go through the channels and be discussed, is for somebody to have a word into somebody's ear if you are acquainted with them, and it then gets discussed by people who can take matters further. Whereas the likes of you or me would be told "we'll look into it for you" and never hear a thing.
A bit like the repairing of damaged roads up and down the country. That has taken the terrible event of a poor soul losing their life for councils to pull their finger out and start putting things in motion to start sorting things out and repairing the roads.

What makes me laugh about the hunting/shooting/angling issue though, is that if you look into it online, then the RSPCA have looked into matters and studied how fish feel pain and how angling inflicts pain on them. Now that they have banned hunting, now shooting and Angling are next on the list.

The RSPCA and their members probably played their part in bringing it to attention of the public/parliament , and probably played a part in the banning.

With the association's title beginning with the world Royal, is her majesty the Queen not the patron of this society?

Do members of her own family amuse theirselves with these past-times?

Funny thing about it (in my opinion), is that with the whole hunting fiasco, did lots of members of the royal family used to partake in the "past-time" of hunting with dogs.
Members of the royal family partake in the past-time of shooting.
Members of the royal family partake in the past-time of angling.

Maybe they will ban angling in time, maybe they wont, who knows??

Bit of a joke really isnt it lol :-/

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

it must have been an april fools gag where ever you heard it from as iv not heard nothing of this