digging your own lugworms

anything South East coast sea fishing related here
tophat

digging your own lugworms

Post by tophat »

Evening everybody,can anybody recommend where i can dig my own bait,i live in gillingham kent but dont mind to travel,need somewhere thats not miles out!! and accessable to the average person will be very gratefull for information peeps. >:D< >:D<

wilky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by wilky »

Hi tophat,
I have dug lug 100s of times at riverside country park its easy digging and the lug are as good if not better than shop bought in size, if you go right outside the old riding school the mud is not to soft, if you go towards the strand in direction its softer mud but theres tons more worms'after walking along the wall you will find a corner with a old wooden boat wreck here you will also find rag and its not a bad spot to fish from. hope this helps ;)Trev.

tophat

bait

Post by tophat »

thanks wilky thats great news and only down the road from me,i will investigate :)

tophat

bait

Post by tophat »

wilky when you say the old wooden boat wreck,do you mean near sharps green,you also said walk along the the wall??from riding school,does that mean parking at riverside country park??

TBONE76

Post by TBONE76 »

Herne Bay is good for digging Lugworm and Ragworm, dig at Hampton Bay. Cheers Tbone

baitman
Occasional
Occasional

Post by baitman »

hi tophat .. try seasalter or grain they are both about 21 miles from gillingham ... i have dug there myself been doing it for 22 years as i once lived in gillingham myself now in southend .... all so there is motney hill in rainham just before the water works .... :) hope this helps you out ... baitman..

wilky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by wilky »

tophat no not sharps green towards the strand direction there is a corner near owens way at the bottom of gads hill its near some factorys hope this helps ;) maybe park on gads hill? or the strand and walk along

JFReturns

Post by JFReturns »

Can anyone clarify whether a licence is needed to dig lug? I have been informed so by a reliable friend, but my local tackle shops haven't heard anything about it....

merris999
Occasional
Occasional

Post by merris999 »

certain local authorities (southend) enforce licences for digging, i htink just for high used public areas and safety (trenching) someone form Thames / Essex side will know more. Mudway as far as i am aware dont. dont ask them it will give them ideas!